from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the perceptual strength or amplitude of sound pressure, measured in sones or phons
- n. the physical strength of the sound pressure level, measured in decibels
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being loud.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or quality of being loud; great sound or noise; clamor; uproar: as, the loudness of a voice or an instrument.
- n. Conspicuousness; flashiness; showiness: as, loudness of dress.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. tasteless showiness
- n. the magnitude of sound (usually in a specified direction)
loud + -ness (Wiktionary)