from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the cutting ability of an edge; keenness
- n. the fineness of the point a pointed object
- n. The product or result of being sharp.
- n. pungency or acidity
- n. distinctness, focus
- n. acuteness or acuity
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or condition of being sharp; keenness; acuteness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or character of being sharp, in any sense of that word.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. harshness of manner
- n. a quick and penetrating intelligence
- n. a strong odor or taste property
- n. thinness of edge or fineness of point
- n. the quality of being sharp and clear
- n. the attribute of urgency in tone of voice
- n. the quality of being keenly and painfully felt
From sharp + -ness (Wiktionary)