from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The quality of being poignant
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being poignant
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The power of stimulating the organs of taste; piquancy.
- n. Point; sharpness; keenness; power of irritation: asperity: as, the poignancy of wit or sarcasm.
- n. Pain-fulness; keenness; bitterness: as, the poignancy of grief.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a state of deeply felt distress or sorrow
- n. a quality that arouses emotions (especially pity or sorrow)
Sorry, no etymologies found.