from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A rigorous imposition of standards
- n. A tightness or constriction
- n. A scarcity of money or credit
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being stringent.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Stringent character or condition.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. conscientious attention to rules and details
- n. a state occasioned by scarcity of money and a shortage of credit
Sorry, no etymologies found.