from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A feeling of disappointment, akin to depression, arising from the realization that something is not what it was expected or believed to be, possibly accompanied by philosophical angst from having one's beliefs challenged.
- n. The act of freeing from an illusion; the state of being freed therefrom.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of freeing from an illusion, or the state of being freed therefrom.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The process of disillusioning; the state of being disillusioned.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. freeing from false belief or illusions
dis- + illusion + -ment (Wiktionary)