from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A decline to a lower status or level.
- n. A feeling of disappointment or depression.
- n. A cause of disappointment or depression.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A sudden drop to a lower status, condition or level; a disappointment or letdown
- n. A calm, mellow period experienced after the initial high from taking drugs
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A downfall; an humiliation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A fall or downfall, in a figurative sense; a sudden change for the worse in one's circumstances; a set-back.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. be the essential element
- v. get sick
- v. fall from clouds
- v. criticize or reprimand harshly
- v. move downward and lower, but not necessarily all the way
- n. decline to a lower status or level
Sorry, no etymologies found.