from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The process of degenerating.
- n. The state of being degenerate.
- n. Corrupt, vulgar, vicious behavior, especially sexual perversion.
- n. Genetics The presence in the genetic code of multiple codons for the same amino acid.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the state of being degenerate (in all senses)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of becoming degenerate; a growing worse.
- n. The state of having become degenerate; decline in good qualities; deterioration; meanness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The tendency to degenerate or deteriorate; decrease of excellence in essential qualities; a downward course, as from better to worse, or from good to bad.
- n. The state of being or of having become degenerate; a deteriorated condition: as, the degeneracy of the age.
- n. Synonyms Debasement, degenerateness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the state of being degenerate in mental or moral qualities
- n. moral perversion; impairment of virtue and moral principles
Sorry, no etymologies found.