from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quality or condition of being imperfect.
- n. Something imperfect; a defect or flaw. See Synonyms at blemish.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Those qualities or features that are imperfect; the characteristic, state, or quality of being imperfect.
- n. Something that makes something else less than perfect; a blemish, impurity, error, etc.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or condition of being imperfect; lack of perfection; incompleteness; deficiency; fault or blemish.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The character or condition of being imperfect; want of perfection; defectiveness; faultiness.
- n. An imperfect detail; a particular in which perfection is lacking; a defect, physical, mental, or moral.
- n. Synonyms Defect, deficiency, incompleteness, fault, failing, weakness, frailty, foible, blemish, vice.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the state or an instance of being imperfect
im- + perfection. (Wiktionary)