Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A break or opening in anything; a breach; a rent.
- n. A flaw; a defect; an imperfection.
- n. A broken part; a piece.
- To break.
- n. Brackish water; salt water.
- n. A kind of harrow.
- To inspect and assort (produce, etc.) at the Baltic ports by sworn selectors.
- n. A long-established system of official inspection and assorting of produce and other goods at the Baltic seaports.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. An opening caused by the parting of any solid body; a crack or breach; a flaw.
- n. obsolete Salt or brackish water.
- Middle Dutch brac. (Wiktionary)
“Excerpts or articles behind subscription walls are in brackets (I’m not sure if all the Atlantic articles I bracketed are actually behind subscription walls; but I figured it was safer to assume, so try them even if you’re not a subscriber.)”
“The two-thirds that remained were survivors; they'd learned to sail, they'd learned to pursue the slow-moving turtles and the so-called brack-whales of the southern coast inlets and lagoons.”
“As he spoke, the powerful rotors of two U.S. military helicopters thumped in the distance, and a deliveryman arrived with another truckload of spiced Irish fruitbread, called brack, rebranded "Barack's Brack" for this month and bearing a cartoon portrait of the president.”
“They also baked a special round fruitcake, locally called a "brack," to sell for the occasion - with Obama's picture on the wrapping.”
“I loved hearing my rich family members complaining about being in a higher tax brack their because of all of the money mommy and daddy gave them.”
“He said and I quote, “I no pray funny brack man, but Peking Duck cameo no plobrem.””
“Also the fact of brack to school marking milestones in their lives.”
“Everybody knows there needs to be a brack (ph), which means a commission that meets, that respected, they're bipartisan and they come out with a plan to fix them both, these entitlement systems.”
“October 28th, 2008 7:18 pm ET brb don8in sum moniez 2 brack obama 4 prez!”
“A feminine strand - Earl Grey and barm-brack by the open fire, Joni Mitchell on the stereo.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘brack’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Words related to salt and saltiness.
Mix and match the phonemes in colors!
Looking for tweets for brack.