from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Chiefly British A mackintosh.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Short for mackintosh (a raincoat).
- n. Short for macaroni.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- A prefix, in names of Scotch origin, signifying son.
- n. Shortened form of mackintosh, a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An element, usually a conjoined prefix, in many Scotch and Irish names of Celtic origin, cognate with the Welsh Ap-, signifying ‘son,’ and being thus equivalent to the Irish O', the English -son or -s, and the Norman Fitz-.
- n. Short for macadam.
- n. Abbreviations of Maccabees.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
Shortened from mackintosh (Wiktionary)
Shortened from macaroni (Wiktionary)