from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A crude or brutish person. See Synonyms at boor.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A rough, coarse, or uncouth person; yokel; lout.
- n. A loud boisterous person.
- n. A derogatory term for a white person from the Confederate South (i.e., United States).
- n. A humanoid cryptid said to exist in parts of eastern Australia, and also reported in the Bahamas.
- interj. An exclamation of joy.
- interj. A battle cry.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One of a race of filthy brutes in Swift's “Gulliver's Travels.” See in the Dictionary of Noted Names in Fiction.
- n. Hence, any brutish or vicious character.
- n. A raw countryman; a lout; a greenhorn.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A name given by Swift, in “Gulliver's Travels,” to a feigned race of brutes having the form of man and all his degrading passions.
- n. [lowercase] A rough, brutal, uncouth character.
- n. [lowercase] A greenhorn; a back-country lout.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. one of a race of brutes resembling men but subject to the Houyhnhnms in a novel by Jonathan Swift
- n. a person who is not very intelligent or interested in culture
- n. a widely used search engine for the web that finds information, news, images, products, finance
From Yahoo, member of a race of brutes in Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)