from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A clumsy, coarse person; a bumpkin.
- n. A big heavy shoe.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A strong shoe for heavy-duty use, a boot.
- n. Any kind of shoe.
- n. United States Navy ankle length work shoes, distinct from dress shoes or combat boots.
- n. A peasant or yokel.
- n. Clumsiness associated with wearing large shoes or boots.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A rude, rustic fellow.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A clown; a rustic; a boor.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a thick and heavy shoe
Sorry, no etymologies found.