from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Slang Used as a form of address for a man whose name is unknown.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Used to address a man whose name is unknown.
- son of.
- proper n. A diminutive of the male given name Max.
- n. A Macintosh computer (made by Apple Computer), or its operating system.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- proper n. Shortened form of Macintosh, a brand name for a personal computer.
From Mac-, a common prefix in Scottish and Irish surnames.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Informal diminutive of Macintosh, later adopted by Apple as a trademark. (Wiktionary)