from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A deficiency in amount; an insufficiency.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a lack or deficiency
- n. not enough, not sufficient
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Amount or extent of deficiency, as determined by some requirement or standard.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A deficit; deficiency; the amount by which anything is short.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the property of being an amount by which something is less than expected or required
- n. an acute insufficiency
short + -age (Wiktionary)