American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The act or an instance of shipping goods.
- n. A quantity of goods or cargo that are shipped together.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of despatching or shipping; especially, the putting of goods or passengers on board ship for transportation by water: as, invoices viséed at the port of shipment; goods ready for shipment.
- n. A quantity of goods delivered at one time for transportation, or conveyed at one time, whether by sea or by land; a consignment: as, large shipments of rails have been sent to South America.
- n. a load of goods that is transported by any method (not just by ship)
- n. the act of transporting goods
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The act or process of shipping.
- n. That which is shipped.
- n. goods carried by a large vehicle
- n. the act of sending off something
- ship + -ment (Wiktionary)
“Well, a day later, my shipment is also still sitting in the Amazon warehouse.”
“He shows them how to employ diversionary tactics, including "accidentally" sinking an old boat on the Atlantic coast when a big drug shipment is coming in on the Gulf.”
“Parcel will be just 10-20 kg and value of shipment is around 2,000 USD.”
“Well I just got off the phone with a lady who may or may not get her immune globulin shipment this month, because she lost her job and the insurer is denying her claim, until such time as they get around to processing her COBRA application.”
“The shipment is via Canadian Post (surface) with all proper insurance, included in your quoted price.”
“The shipment is in Long Beach and should be here in Dallas by the 28th.”
“* When a shipment is opened or if the contents have been exposed to light”
“October's shipment from the New York Cork Club will be sent out soon, and it's time to let members know what's coming (and let non-members know what they are missing).”
“This month's New York Cork Club shipment is one of my favorites.”
“To distinguish between intermediate and finished goods crossing borders, economists often look at universal tariff codes used to label shipment contents and extrapolate from those data.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘shipment’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
how ship is used
Words connected to logistics; designed for Business English students.
Listening to this as an audio book for the second time. Tim O'Brien uses simple words and phrases to great effect. Very few unfamilar and big words . The writing style reminds me of words from Joh...
Looking for tweets for shipment.