from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See freight.
- n. Cargo.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The transportation of goods.
- n. The price of transporting goods.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The charge for transportation; the expense of carriage.
- n. The transportation of freight.
- n. Freight; cargo; lading. Milton.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Freight; lading; cargo: also used figuratively.
- n. The carrying or transportation of merchandise, etc.
- n. Money paid for the carriage of goods or merchandise: charge for the transportation of goods. See freight, n., 2.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. transporting goods commercially at rates cheaper than express rates
- n. the charge for transporting something by common carrier
From freight + -age. (Wiktionary)