from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or business of carrying by ferry.
- n. The toll charged for a ferry passage.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Transportation by ferry.
- n. The fee paid for a ferry ride.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The price or fare to be paid for passage at a ferry.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Conveyance over a stream or other water by a ferry-boat or other similar means of transport; the act or business of ferrying.
- n. Provision for ferrying; means of crossing a stream or other water by ferrying: as, inadequate ferriage; the ferriage of the river is neglected.
- n. The price charged for ferrying: as. the ferriage has been reduced.
ferry + -age (Wiktionary)