from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A supply stored for future use, usually carefully accrued and maintained.
- transitive v. To accumulate and maintain a supply of for future use.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A supply of something kept safe for future use.
- v. To accumulate a stockpile.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. have on hand
- n. a storage pile accumulated for future use
- n. something kept back or saved for future use or a special purpose
stock + pile (Wiktionary)