from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To hide or store away in a secret place.
- n. A secret place where something is hidden or stored.
- n. Something, such as money or an illegal drug, that has been hidden or stored.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A collection, sometimes hidden; a reserve.
- v. To hide or store away for later use.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. save up as for future use
- n. a secret store of valuables or money
Origin unknown.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)