from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A place of concealment; a hideout.
- n. A secluded or isolated place.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a hiding place, somewhere you can go to get away from other people
- adj. Capable of being stored out of sight when not in use.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a hiding place; usually a remote place used by outlaws.
- n. an area where one can be alone and undisturbed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an area where you can be alone
- n. a hiding place; usually a remote place used by outlaws
hide + away (Wiktionary)