American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To lay up; lodge, as for safety or preservation.
- n. That which is laid up; a deposit.
- v. transitive To cause to rest or stay; to lay away; to lodge, as for safety or preservation; to place; to store.
GNU Webster's 1913
- v. To cause to rest or stay; to lay away; to lodge, as for safety or preservation; to place; to store.
- v. put (something) in a place for storage
- Latin repositus, past participle of reponere to put back; prefix re- re- + ponere to put. See position. (Wiktionary)
- Latin repōnere, reposit- : re-, re- + pōnere, to place; see apo- in Indo-European roots. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Now, wherefore, in celebration of Loyalty Day and the ideal America in which true Americans reposit their hopes and aspirations, be it known:”
“So the estimable seed of Kumi, eight centuries before, had entered into the aliis of Lakanaii, and been passed down by them in the undeviating line to reposit in”
“I have now sent it, and desire you to reposit it on the shelves in my name .”
“I received the thanks of the society; and was solicited to reposit my theory, properly sealed and attested, among their archives, for the information of posterity.”
“Developers who commit bit, which gives them the ability are unable to get along with others are to commit changes to the Project reposit - not proposed for commit bits, no matter ory.”
“I doubt many patients can understand the long hospital bills that feature exotic items such as "cath porta cath perit" or "OP6-central line reposit," and so on.”
“Together with their father, they've saved up around $1,000 to pay for the reposit of the Nano.”
“They don't work properly try the following: synaptic - start the program reload - it will update the list of available stuff from selected repository server mark all upgrades - it'll check your installed stuff list against the above, mark automatically necessary upgrades apply - confirm go for upgrades apply - apply settings / changes to system make sure to download all the stuff, if any, in case you get error like - unable to download or connection stopped, etc just repeat the above procedure, to make it simple. if still none to do, it could be as well that your system is fully updated against stable distro repositories. in case you're still paranoid in a way, leave it for few days and try again. there were some posts within the forum about the repos, try running search reposit froze update cheers”
Looking for tweets for reposit.