from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. All the merchandise and equipment kept on hand and used in carrying on a business.
- n. The resources available to and habitually called on by a person in a given situation: A ready wit is her stock-in-trade.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Merchandise and other necessary supplies kept on hand in order to do business.
- n. A technique, skill or ability habitually used by a person, group of persons, or an organization, often in the course of their business.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any equipment constantly used as part of a profession or occupation
Sorry, no etymologies found.