from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The carrying of burdens or goods as done by porters.
- n. The charge for this activity.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The transportation of goods by a porter
- n. The charge for this transportation
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The work of a porter; the occupation of a carrier or of a doorkeeper.
- n. Money charged or paid for the carriage of burdens or parcels by a porter.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The business or duties of a porter or doorkeeper.
- n. Carrying; carriage; transportation; porters' work.
- n. The cost of carrying; money charged for porters' services.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the charge for carrying burdens by porters
- n. the transportation of burdens by porters
Sorry, no etymologies found.