from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A deficiency; a flaw.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. deficiency
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The failure of a crop, or the like.
- n. Neglect of, or failure in, performance of duty.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A falling-off of the usual produce, quantity, or amount, as of a crop.
- n. A failure of performance, as of duty; a coming short; a delinquency.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a failing or deficiency
Sorry, no etymologies found.