from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Injustice; unfairness.
- n. An instance of injustice or unfairness: discerned some inequities in the criminal justice system.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A lack of justice; injustice.
- n. An unjust act; a disservice.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Lack of equity; injustice; wrong.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Lack of equity or abstract justice; disagreement with equitable principles; injustice; also, an unjust action or proceeding.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. injustice by virtue of not conforming with rules or standards
in- + equity (Wiktionary)