from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An emotional state characterized by anxiety, depression, or unease.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A state of feeling unwell or unhappy; a feeling of emotional and mental discomfort and suffering from restlessness, malaise, depression or anxiety.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Impatience under affliction; morbid restlessness; dissatisfaction; the fidgets.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In pathology, impatience under affliction; a state of dissatisfaction, restlessness, fidgeting, or inquietude.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. abnormal depression and discontent
New Latin, from Greek dusphoriā, distress, from dusphoros, hard to bear : dus-, dys- + -phoros, -phorous.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Ancient Greek δυσφορία (dusphoria, "excessive pain"), from δύσφορος (dusphoros, "grievous"), from δυσ- (dus-, "bad") + φέρω (phero, "I bear, carry"). (Wiktionary)