from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The medical science of symptoms.
- n. The combined symptoms of a disease.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The science that studies the symptoms of diseases.
- n. All the symptoms of a particular disease.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The doctrine of symptoms; that part of the science of medicine which treats of the symptoms of diseases; semeiology.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The sum of scientific knowledge concerning symptoms; also, the array of symptoms presented by a disease.
New Latin symptōmatologia : Greek sumptōma, sumptōmat-, symptom; see symptom + Latin -logia, -logy.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Ancient Greek symptom + -logy: compare French symptomatologie. (Wiktionary)