from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quality or state of being illegal.
- n. An illegal act.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. : the state of being illegal
- n. (uncountable): a defense to the validity of a contract because it was in violation of the law
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or condition of being illegal; unlawfulness; ; also, an illegal act.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The condition or character of being illegal; unlawfulness: as, the illegality of trespass, or of arrest without warrant.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. unlawfulness by virtue of violating some legal statute
Sorry, no etymologies found.