from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The state, quality, or fact of being criminal.
- n. A criminal practice or act.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of being criminal.
- n. A criminal act.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being criminal; that which constitutes a crime; guiltiness; guilt.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The quality or state of being criminal; that which constitutes a crime; guiltiness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the state of being a criminal
Latin criminalitas, from Latin criminalis. See criminal. (Wiktionary)