from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The quality of being profane; profanity
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being profane; especially, the use of profane language.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or character of being profane; irreverence toward sacred things; particularly, the use of language which manifests or implies irreverence toward God; the taking of God's name in vain.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. unholiness by virtue of being profane
- n. an attitude of irreverence or contempt for a divinity
profane + -ness (Wiktionary)