from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the property of being proportional
- n. the principle that government action ought to be proportional to the ends achieved (e.g. the military should not be deployed to stop petty vandalism)
- n. the degree to which something is in proportion
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state of being in proportion.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The character or state of being in proportion.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. harmonious arrangement or relation of parts or elements within a whole (as in a design)
- n. a ratio of two quantities that is constant
Sorry, no etymologies found.