American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The quality of being functional.
- n. A useful function within a computer application or program.
- n. The capacity of a computer program or application to provide a useful function.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of having or being a function.
- n. The ability to perform a task or function; that set of functions that something is able or equipped to perform.
- n. US, law In United States trademark law, the tendency of a product design to serve a function other than identification of the product, preventing that design from being protected as a trademark.
- n. organic chemistry The presence of a functional group
- n. capable of serving a purpose well
- From functional + -ity. (Wiktionary)
“The Garmin functionality is cool, but I didn't like the actual watch - I've gone for a Suunto T1c, and am enjoying it enough to wear as a regular watch fairly often.”
“Right now our main functionality is centered around the News Popularity Index and managing channels by reputation.”
“Let's now remove the label functionality, and build a separate decorator for that.”
“This functionality is already built into most video drivers, at least into NVIDIA's, ATI's, and Intel's. dark42 koenjicalling”
“From your description, this functionality is already builtin to Akismet.”
“Although I can't seem to see the RSS feeds, other functionality is there, like categorized wiki browsing and This Day in History (on the main page).”
“I would expect this kind of functionality from a large university library!”
“The fact that their home is on the web, and their data accessed through web APIs and transport layers, just ignores the fact that middle-tier consumer devices are expanding in functionality, and rather than throwing users to the web and saying “here, figure it out” or making their own proprietary locked-in service.”
“No matter what field you enter when you graduate, with Mathematica you will always have built-in functionality that covers a world of subjects (just take a look at the Wolfram Demonstrations Project).”
“The Forums stay the same, although the layout has changed the same functionality is still the same along with all the posts and PMs etc..”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘functionality’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Buzzwords of our time
random webdev lingo used primarily in computer programming.
( open list, randomness, technical jargon, geek speak )
ajax, user, admin, frontend, backend, database, sql, protocol, call, dom, layout, ui and 439 more...
Words that, for various reasons, I wish we could do without.
No matter what my coworkers think.
These words and phrases may make you cringe. You might feel embarrassed for the person who says them, or perhaps just annoyed to hear them utter such terms.
A list of examples of writing that I'm struggling to like, usually due to poor wording, unclear intention, weasel quality or stylistic failure.
Edit: Now with dicky diction too!
Looking for tweets for functionality.