American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The act or an instance of laying out.
- n. An arrangement or a plan, especially the schematic arrangement of parts or areas: the layout of a factory; the layout of a printed circuit.
- n. Printing The art or process of arranging printed or graphic matter on a page.
- n. Printing The overall design of a page, spread, or book, including elements such as page and type size, typeface, and the arrangement of titles and page numbers.
- n. Printing A page or set of pages marked to indicate this design.
- n. Sports The straight position, as in diving.
- n. Informal An establishment or property, especially a large residence or estate: "[Her] show horses . . . were kept on the couple's one-and-a-half acre Malibu layout” ( People).
- n. A structured arrangement of items within certain limits.
- n. A plan for such arrangement.
- n. The act of laying out something.
- n. publishing The process of arranging editorial content, advertising, graphics and other information to fit within certain constraints.
- n. engineering A map or a drawing of a construction site showing the position of roads, buildings or other constructions.
- n. electronics A specification of an integrated circuit showing the position of the physical components that will implement the schematic in silicon.
- n. the act of laying out (as by making plans for something)
- n. a plan or design of something that is laid out
“You can tell a layout page because the URL of the site has _layout in it.”
“* @param string $layout The layout to return results using. function setResultLayout ($layout) string $layout: レスポンスレイアウトを指定”
“Occasionally you'll find one where the layout is a little off, but, unless their using something like ActiveX to do something complicated, they are still readable in other browsers.”
“Page layout is often imaginative and expressive, and passion is evident on every page.”
“So, the layout is pretty, but I think book readers will benefit from having multiple eBook apps available.”
“The decision of what type of office furniture to choose, as well as, the design of the layout is something that should not be taken lightly.”
“As far as layout is concerned, I greatly enjoy making more traditionally structured comics; I feel that more conservative formal boundaries allows for greater experimentation within those boundaries.”
“The living layout is great, we have the entire Parlor Level of the brownstone, which offers 13 foot high ceilings, 9 foot high windows, as well as the preserved details from the Victorian period; crown moldings, marble fireplace, and cherry hardwood floors, all original.”
“The Xperia's layout is surprisingly inefficient for an Android model.”
“However, one alternative layout is to include vacuums of dead space between panels.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘layout’.
random webdev lingo used primarily in computer programming.
( open list, randomness, technical jargon, geek speak )
ajax, user, admin, frontend, backend, database, sql, protocol, call, dom, layout, ui and 439 more...
The vocabulary of scientific paper submission
From the novel by William Lindsay Gresham
Looking for tweets for layout.