from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The patterned disposition of constituents within a given system.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A schematic representation; a schema
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Combination of the aspects of heavenly bodies.
- n. Particular form or disposition of a thing; an exhibition in outline of any systematic arrangement.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In astrology, the combination of the aspects of heavenly bodies.
- n. Particular form or disposition of a thing; an exhibition in outline of any systematic arrangements; outline.
- n. A system of schemata; a method of employing schemata.
- n. In logic, the division of syllogism into figures.
Sorry, no etymologies found.