from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Failure or refusal to intervene, especially in the affairs of another nation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of non-intervention.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state or habit of not intervening or interfering.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or policy of not intervening or not interfering; specifically, systematic non-interference by a nation in the affairs of other nations, or in the affairs of its own states, territories, or other parts.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a foreign policy of staying out of other countries' disputes
Sorry, no etymologies found.