from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The state of being composed of atoms.
- n. Chemistry The number of atoms in a molecule.
- n. Chemistry Valence.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The quality or state of being atomic—of being indivisible.
- n. The number of atoms in a molecule.
- n. The state of a system (often a database system) in which either all stages complete or none complete.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Degree of atomic attraction; equivalence; valence; also (a later use) the number of atoms in an elementary molecule. See valence.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In chem., same as equivalency and quantivalency.
atomic + -ity (Wiktionary)