from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or an instance of eluding or escaping; evasion.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act, or abstract properties, of eluding.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Act of eluding; adroit escape, as by artifice; a mockery; a cheat; trickery.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Escape by artifice or deceit; evasion; deception; fraud.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of avoiding capture (especially by cunning)
Medieval Latin ēlūsiō, ēlūsiōn-, mockery, contempt, from Latin ēlūsus, past participle of ēlūdere, to escape, mock; see elude.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)