American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The act or an instance of eluding or escaping; evasion.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Escape by artifice or deceit; evasion; deception; fraud.
- n. The act, or abstract properties, of eluding.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. Act of eluding; adroit escape, as by artifice; a mockery; a cheat; trickery.
- n. the act of avoiding capture (especially by cunning)
- Medieval Latin ēlūsiō, ēlūsiōn-, mockery, contempt, from Latin ēlūsus, past participle of ēlūdere, to escape, mock; see elude. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“I was one of the honest supporters of Sen. Hillary, before I witnessed her on the podium when start elusion the sniper and other stories knowingly she is lying on the face of American people on live TV more than couple times.”
“Pointing to the 25% white vote for him, I will bet, is an elusion.”
“A tension exists between the chase and elusion, the object and the desirer, with the passive and the aggressive personalities becoming interchangeable.”
“[D] elusion is a matter of top-down disturbance in some fundamental beliefs of the subject, which may consequently affect experiences and actions (Campbell 2001, p. 89).”
“What if I am sleeping? what if this life is a lie just a big elusion?”
“Its elusion has left people impatient, frustrated and angry.”
“The philtres of romance are brewed to free us from this unsatisfying life that is calendared by fiscal years, and to contrive a less disastrous elusion of our own personalities than many seek dispersedly in drink and drugs and lust and fanaticism, and sometimes in death.”
“Still, he could guess at her reasons; and he comprehended now that Ettarre had spoken a very terrible truth -- "All men I must evade at the last, and innumerable are the ways of my elusion.”
“She had the cleverness of elusion that her sex displays in all the species, from”
“Observe the preoccupation of leaving the god no avenue of elusion — every possible contingency is named.”
Looking for tweets for elusion.