from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Informal Deception, usually in the form of evasive excuses.
- n. Printing Type set in a column narrower than the body of the text, as on either side of a picture.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An evasive explanation in the form of multiple excuses
- n. A section of type that is narrower than that of the column it is part of; typically next to an illustration
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a delaying or evasive, and sometimes deceptive, answer to an inquiry or request.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A new or artificial channel by which the whole or a portion of the water of a stream is diverted from its usual channel and flows around an obstacle, such as a dam or ice-gorge, and returns again to its normal channel below the obstruction.
- n. In medicine, paronychia; whitlow.
With blanke contracts like ODIN, the whole runaround is much shorter and takes fewer labor hours.
Laura James, Co-Chair of the Toronto Alternative Primary School Council is getting the runaround from the Toronto District School Board, who have all but declared war on alternative education in the city.
We asked for a copy of that law but we got the runaround, which is normal for the government.
Is this the typical kind of runaround that families of victims get when they go to court and try to get justice?
But by getting this kind of runaround, you're actually considering now foreclosure as an option?
However, he said the NHTSA gave him the "runaround" and Toyota allowed him only to speak to entry-level employees.
"When they get the kind of runaround that happens these days with food stamps, Medicaid and TANF, they give up," Hague said.
This is the kind of runaround we expect from scammers like the Acai resellers, not a national toy company.
I was given the "runaround" on a very easy issue: I need a refund.
He said he got the "runaround" when he asked the district how students attending other schools could get help.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.