from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A member of the Prussian landed aristocracy, a class formerly associated with political reaction and militarism.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of junker.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A young German noble or squire; esp., a member of the aristocratic party in Prussia.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A young German noble or squire.
- n. A member of the aristocratic party in Prussia which came into power under Bismarck when he was made prime minister (1862).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. member of the Prussian aristocracy noted especially for militarism
German, from Middle High German junchērre, page, squire, from Old High German junchērro : junc, young; see yeu- in Indo-European roots + hērro, lord; see Herr.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)