from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to Prussia or its Baltic or German inhabitants.
- adj. Suggestive of or resembling the Junkers and the military class of Prussia.
- n. Any of the western Balts inhabiting the region between the Vistula and Neman rivers in ancient times.
- n. A Baltic inhabitant of Prussia.
- n. A German inhabitant of Prussia.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, from, or pertaining to Prussia.
- proper n. The Prussian language; see Old Prussian and New Prussian.
- n. A native or inhabitant of the geographical region of Prussia.
- n. A citizen of the German state of Prussia.
- n. A member of or a person descended from the Baltic ethnic group which inhabited Prussia.
- n. A member of or a person descended from the German ethnic group which settled in Prussia.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Prussia.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to Prussia— a former duchy near the southeastern angle of the Baltic, which, after its union with the Mark of Brandenburg, formed the nucleus of the Prussian monarchy; or
- a kingdom of northern Germany, now the chief state in the reconstituted German empire.
- n. A native or an inhabitant of Prussia.
- n. A language belonging to the Lettish division of the Slavo-Lettic branch of the Aryan family, and usually called Old Prussian.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a German inhabitant of Prussia
- adj. of or relating to or characteristic of Prussia or its inhabitants
Sorry, no etymologies found.