from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Russia, its inhabitants, or language.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to Russia, an empire in eastern Europe with large possessions in northern and central Asia, or the Russians or their language.
- n. A native or a citizen of Russia; a member of the principal branch of the Slavic race, forming the chief part of the population of European Russia, and the dominant people in Asiatic Russia.
- n. A Slavic language, belonging to the southeastern branch (which includes also the Bulgarian).
- n. The principal dialect of Russia, and the basis of the literary language.
- n. The Russian dialect spoken by the Little Russians and Ruthenians.
- n. The dialect of the Red Russians.
- n. The dialect of this branch.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a native or inhabitant of Russia
- n. the Slavic language that is the official language of Russia
- adj. of or pertaining to or characteristic of Russia or its people or culture or language
Sorry, no etymologies found.
On the other hand AH's Russian Front I used to find to be a chillingly stark game: the russian player is trying to buy time by sacrificing space and units; the germans are in a desperate rush to strike a decisive blow across vast spaces before winters and the reinforcement schedule turns against them.
I am seriously considering making a youtube special series of Mark Learns Russian, where I film the bemused looks I get when I speak my best russian.
Between 1979 and 1985 this writer/artist duo detailed the adventures of RAF pilot Johnny "Red" Redburn on the Russian front in Battle Magazine as the commander of the elite Falcons fighter squadron fighting against the german invaders ....and his russian commanders and the nkvd.
Elsewhere: Mighty Russian Morsels mighty russian morsels was originally published on smittenkitchen.com all content and photos © 2006 - 2009 smitten kitchen
I have nothing against the Russian my girlfriend is russian people but in all this choosing we were virtually the top Candidate but IMHO all Blatter and his cohorts looked at was the Premier League they all despise for whatever reason and not the other Football League fans like me a North Ender travelled 3500 miles to watch us against
I also want to learn many languages, including Russian, German, French, Mandarin, and possibly Icelandic (Of course this is a 'dream' I might just end up really learning russian and German well without the rest of them, but I'd love to learn them all if I could).
Alex you could be a Russian Actor in any American movie and nobody but Russians will know that you are not actually russian.
Clinton Urges Russian Support on Iran clinton is in sparring'with russian pretenders
He his Russian Jew,they call themself russian mob'
Russian brides and beautiful russian ladies dating.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.