from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Russia, its inhabitants, or language.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to Russia, an empire in eastern Europe with large possessions in northern and central Asia, or the Russians or their language.
- n. A native or a citizen of Russia; a member of the principal branch of the Slavic race, forming the chief part of the population of European Russia, and the dominant people in Asiatic Russia.
- n. A Slavic language, belonging to the southeastern branch (which includes also the Bulgarian).
- n. The principal dialect of Russia, and the basis of the literary language.
- n. The Russian dialect spoken by the Little Russians and Ruthenians.
- n. The dialect of the Red Russians.
- n. The dialect of this branch.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a native or inhabitant of Russia
- n. the Slavic language that is the official language of Russia
- adj. of or pertaining to or characteristic of Russia or its people or culture or language
Sorry, no etymologies found.