from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. An inhabitant of Burgundy or a person of Burgundy descent.
- proper n. A member of the Burgundians, an East Germanic tribe.
- proper n. The Old Burgundian language.
- proper n. The Modern Burgundian language.
- adj. Pertaining to Burgundy, its people or its language.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the Burgundians, or to the kindom, duchy, or province of Burgundy.
- n. One of the Burgundii or Burgundiones, a Germanic tribe who settled in Gaul and founded the kingdom of Burgundy in the fifth century.
- n. A native or an inhabitant of Burgundy, successively a kingdom and a duchy of western Europe, varying greatly in extent, part of which finally became the province of Burgundy in eastern France.
From Burgundy + -an. (Wiktionary)