from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A German armored vehicle, such as a tank, especially of the type used during World War II.
- adj. Of or equipped with armored vehicles: a panzer division.
- adj. Of or relating to an armored division.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A tank, especially a German one of World War II.
- n. Of or relating to the armoured units employed by the German forces in World War II.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A German tank of the kind used in World War II.
- adj. Equipped with armored vehicles; armored.
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or involving armored military vehicles.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an armored vehicle or tank
German, short for Panzerdivision, armored unit, from Panzer, tank, armor, from Middle High German panzier, armor, from Old French pancier, armor for the belly, from pance, belly; see paunch.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
1940, from German Panzer, from Middle High German Panzer ("armour"), from Old French panciere ("coat of mail"), from Latin pantex ("paunch"). (Wiktionary)