from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The function of compiling and providing financial information primarily by reports referred to as financial statements. Accounting includes bookkeeping, systems design, analysis and interpretation of accounting information.
- n. A company or organisation that performs such a function.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The art or employment of an accountant.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The art or practice of an accountant.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the occupation of maintaining and auditing records and preparing financial reports for a business
account + -ancy (Wiktionary)