Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or process of making normal; in biology, any process by which modified or morphologically abnormal forms and relations may be reduced, either actually or ideally, to their known primitive and presumed normal conditions; morphological rectification.
- n. Any process that makes something more normal or regular, which typically means conforming to some regularity or rule, or returning from some state of abnormality.
- n. standardization, act of imposing standards or norms or rules or regulations.
- n. computing In relational database design, a process that breaks down data into record groups for efficient processing, by eliminating redundancy.
- n. diplomacy Process of establishing normal diplomatic relations between two countries
- n. economics globalization, the process of making a worldwide normal and dominant model of production and consumption
- n. Template:operations Making a normalized production.
- n. politics Sharing or enforcement of standard policies
- n. sociology A process whereby artificial and unwanted norms of behaviour and models of behaviour are made to seem natural and wanted, through propaganda, influence, imitation and conformity.
- n. statistics The process of removing statistical error in repeated measured data.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. Reduction to a standard or normal state.
- n. the imposition of standards or regulations
- From Latin norma (Wiktionary)
“That's the question at the centre of a hotly disputed election Saturday that will either give Mr. Ma and his Nationalist Kuomintang Party another term to pursue what he calls "normalization" with the mainland - or see Taiwan's 23 million people take a long step away from the People's Republic, and perhaps back toward the old showdown with Beijing.”
“Of course I would prefer to see Israel agree to such a plan, which would result in normalization of relations between Israel and the Arab/Muslim world including Iran.”
“Yet unless this plan is conducted under the framework of the Arab Peace Initiative, with the backing of leading Arab states such as Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Jordan and Syria, it will not bolster long-term normalization and peace in the region.”
“Authentic, long-term normalization between Israelis and all of her neighbors will happen when relations between these countries and the West are based on peace, fairness, justice, and equality.”
“In the study of organizational behavior, it's called normalization of deviance.”
“At the same time, it would be most helpful to all concerned if the Israeli side stops painting the idea of normalization, and the process to achieve it, in such bright colors.”
“What if the Federal Reserve ends its asset purchase program in June, beginning the so-called normalization of monetary policy?”
“MapIT performs species name normalization by mapping species names to a taxonomic tree rather than directly to a database identifier.”
“Since it is aimed at recognizing species in order to guide protein name normalization, the system is limited to the 11,444 species with entries in UniProt”
“ShmooCon 2010 tomorrow, Core Security researcher Dan Crowley will demonstrate how features not widely known in Windows path and filename normalization routines cause unexpected behavior and allow for potential attacks.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘normalization’.
Use these and get promoted
Looking for tweets for normalization.