from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The property of being identical, or having the same physical properties, in all directions.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Uniformity of physical properties in all directions in a body; absence of all kinds of polarity; specifically, equal elasticity in all directions.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or property of being isotropic.
- n. In embryology, the property whereby all the parts of the unsegmented egg are alike capable of giving rise to any portion of the embryonic body: opposed to anisotropy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (physics) the property of being isotropic; having the same value when measured in different directions
iso- + -tropy (Wiktionary)