from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Identical in all directions; invariant with respect to direction.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having properties that are identical in all directions; exhibiting isotropy.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having the same properties in all directions; specifically, equally elastic in all directions.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the same properties in all directions: said of a medium with respect to elasticity, conduction of heat or electricity, or radiation of heat and light.
- Having equal, common, or non-specific developmental capacity.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. invariant with respect to direction
From iso- + Ancient Greek τρὁπος ("turn, way, manner, disposition") + -ic. Compare Ancient Greek ἰσὁτροπος of like character (Wiktionary)