from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. having north and south magnetic poles
- adj. ,(chemistry) possessing a dipole
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having two poles, as a magnetic bar.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having two poles; differentiated in respect to a pair of opposite directions, but not with respect to the difference between these directions: as, polarized light is dipolar.
- Pertaining to two poles.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having equal and opposite electric charges or magnetic poles having opposite signs and separated by a small distance
Sorry, no etymologies found.