from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. surgical removal of all or part of a limb, etc.
- n. the loss of a limb, etc. through trauma
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of amputating; esp. the operation of cutting off a limb or projecting part of the body.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of amputating; especially, the operation of cutting off a limb or other part of the body, or a portion of it.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a condition of disability resulting from the loss of one or more limbs
- n. a surgical removal of all or part of a limb
amputate + -ion (Wiktionary)