from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Surgical removal of all or part of an organ, tissue, or structure.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The surgical excision of part of a tissue
- n. A method of finding one's position by using a map and compass
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of cutting or paring off.
- n. The removal of the articular extremity of a bone, or of the ends of the bones in a false articulation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of cutting or paring off; specifically, in surgery, the removal of the articular extremity of a bone, or of the ends of the bones in a false articulation; excision of a portion of some part, as of a bone or nerve.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. surgical removal of part of a structure or organ
Sorry, no etymologies found.